For many requirements, thermal imaging from the sky is far more preferable than from the ground. Aerial infrared thermography applications can be divided into two categories. Those where a straight-down view and/or large area view is needed, and those where long distances must be covered in a limited amount of time.
Most aerial infrared imaging is performed at night because daylight solar radiation usually adversely affects the imagery.Drone Media Imaging is qualified and certified by the CAA to fly at night.
“Thanks to the Zenmuse XT from DJI and FLIR, thermal imaging from the air has never been easier. By combining DJI’s unrivalled expertise in flight stability, gimbal technology, and image transmission with the industry-leading thermal imaging technology of FLIR, the Zenmuse XT is the ultimate solution for reliable, rapid-deployable aerial thermal imaging. Capture your thermal images faster, covering large areas, and save them for analysis and reporting.”
Available in 640×512 resolution, the Zenmuse XT has a lens option of 19mm which allows for fine detail and a great range and distance from the subject.
- Roof Moisture Surveys
- Environmental Surveys
- Animal Counts
- Area Thermal Mapping
- Landfill Site Examinations
- Underground Stream System Examinations
- Electrical Power Line Surveys
- Search and Rescue Operations
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT SURVEYS
When a liquid is introduced into a body of water (ocean, river, stream, lake) the former can be differentiated between through the use of high-resolution thermal imaging because the temperatures are almost always different. Often these liquids can be followed back to their source.
Some of the uses for this application are:
- Detecting illegal dumping/discharge.
- Tracking pollution such as waste spills or oil spills.
- Monitoring effluents from storm drains and sewage treatment plant discharge.
- Monitoring ground water seepage into rivers, streams and lakes.
- Managing heated water from power plant cooling towers.
- Measuring the amount of fresh water from ground sources that is introduced into an estuary.
Nationwide Commercial Property Image Management While some industries are only just finding out how drone technology can offer them benefit, the property industry has been taking advantage of [...]